Sunday, December 29, 2013

He came with a purpose

Jesus Christ was born into this world in the most humble surroundings.
Mary gave birth to her firstborn son in the most uncomfortable circumstances one could even imagine.
God's ultimate plan...for His son to take on flesh as a man, and destined to lay down His life for our sins.

It took me sometime to think about this, who do I relate to? Is it Mary? I know what it must have felt like to give birth to a baby boy, after all I am a mother of 6.
And I know the feeling of being afraid and uncomfortable, oblivious of what to expect as a mother for the very first time. Surely, I can relate to Mary in many aspects.

But what rings even more in depth in my heart and soul, was the ultimate divine plan that God had for His son Jesus.
And in many ways I can relate to Him more significantly.

When I first encountered the grace of God for the first time, I was helpless and vulnerable, much like baby Jesus and my surroundings were not so shabby either.
I wasn't sitting in a pew saying the Salvation prayer nor was I at the altar, with someone praying over me.
I was sitting on my living room floor...poor, hungry and helpless.
(Psalm 40:2, sums up my testimony.)
In my own humble surrounding I cried out to God.
I was born again, made new just like a newborn baby.

That was 6 and a half years ago; I have been on this amazing and challenging journey with my Lord and Savior.
And much like Jesus, had a purpose, to be born into this world.
I too, am finding God's purpose in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home