Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Journey of Faith, Hope and Love

Wow, 2013 has came and went...It definitely has been a journey of faith, hope and love. I never in my wildest imagination, would have thought I would have endured some of the hardships that my life has had this past year.

2013 began with a crushing heartbreak; Last New Year's Eve was a really tough time for me.

It was then in my brokenness that God began to do an amazing work in my life...I had been serving God and didn't understand why God was having me evaluate my heart and motives.

I had been deeply hurt, and my heart was shattered. I needed healing and restoration for my heart and soul. So this journey of faith, hope and love had to begin with me...through His Word, through His presence, through other brothers and sisters He had placed in my life. God began to comfort me and restore me and began to show me His love.

I learned a lot through trial and error and by leaning on my own understanding and strength. Many times I have failed but God has always extended His hand of grace upon me. Throughout it all I have learned to put my hope and trust in God.

Over and over, I learned the meaning of true unconditional love. Over and over, I learned how to forgive. And over and over, God taught me to me to trust and hope in Him alone.
He led me to forgive...
He led me to have hope...
He led me to love unconditionally...

I'm not sure where God is leading me, but I know that I trust Him to lead me. No matter what circumstances life throws at me, one thing will remain and that is His love for me. Although, I endured that pain and heartache this past year, I know that it was for a purpose.
Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

I encourage each one of you to embrace 2014 with all its challenges, learn to love unconditionally, put your hope and trust in God, and never take a day for granted.
May God bless all of you in 2014 and the years to come. Happy New Year!!

This is only the beginning of a new chapter in my life journey and yours as well.
(My theme song for 2014)


P.S. Out of respect, I spared a lot of the details of all that happened. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home