Monday, June 22, 2015

Tired and Thirsty?

The bible says we are the Temple of The Holy Spirit, and no longer belong to ourselves, we were bought at a price, and therefore our bodies should be used to glorify Him. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

As a believer, I often find myself going ahead of the plans God has for me. My life becomes so busy that I may neglect the simplest things, all because I'm pushing my body to keep going. My body and flesh are screaming for rest, but I keep going because in my own mind, things gotta get done so I push forward and tread on. The Holy Spirit speaks, "come rest in me.." I might say a prayer, get into the Word, talk to Him throughout the day and keep moving along, thinking that is enough for the day. Throughout the week I'm pouring out to people, which is what God calls us to do. But the more pouring out we do, the more we need to take time to allow Jesus to pour into us, so that the Holy Spirit can move freely within us. The Word of God states clearly to pick up our cross daily, but He doesn't say to pick up our burdens daily. As a matter of fact, 1 Peter 5:7, tells us to cast every care, because He cares for us. It's Jesus that carries our burdens, if we will only give it to Him daily. To take up our cross, means to put on the full armor of God, crucify our flesh, be ready and equipped to go forward doing the will of our Heavenly Father and to run the race set before us. I believe a lot of times as a Christian in ministry, we get it twisted and carry our burdens thinking that is what God meant when He said to pick up our cross.

As a single mother, I find myself trying to fill both roles of a father and mother. It hasn't been easy, but throughout it all God has sustained me and in my weaknesses, His strength is made perfect. So I find myself, leaning on Him more, and though these trials are humbling and sometimes exhausting, the Holy Spirit has been with me, as a comforter, helper, healer, teacher, and redeemer. And I find myself gaining a true understanding of the Love of Christ, the Agape, unconditional, unfailing Love, the kind of Love that no one else can give. I am truly blessed to know Him, and wouldn't have it any other way. But I say that, to say this, that even though I have gained a deeper understanding of who Christ is. I sometimes don't take time to rest in Him, like I should and like I yearn for. Remember this, that the enemy comes to steal kill and destroy, and if he can steal your time, kill your relationships and destroy your joy, he will by all means do just that. He'll have us walking around defeated, and we cannot be be a blessing to others when we are drained, tired and worn out. But Jesus came to give us life, and life more abundantly. (John 10:10)

So, one of my ways that I rest in His Presence, is through worship. Oh how I love to worship. When we offer ourselves to truly worship Jesus for who He is, with all our heart, soul, mind and strength, something in the supernatural realm happens. God's glory falls in that place and begins to fill the atmosphere. If you are receptive to it, He will overflow and consume you with rivers of living water. Jesus says, in John 7:37-38
“Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”  We are His Temple and should take heed to present or bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is true worship.
Romans 12:1

Just as runner in a race, grows tired and exhausted from the race, we too as believers can become exhausted spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. But God wants us to have balance in our lives and wants us to run the race set before us with endurance and in order for that to happen we must lay our burdens at the foot of His cross. How can a runner run with baggage or without water? He wouldn't make it. He would dehydrate and grow weary and tired and eventually give up. God does not want that for us my brothers and sisters, He wants us to grow in the fullness of His grace and knowledge, to present ourselves as a living sacrifice. So I encourage you all to take time to tap into His Living Water, and rest in the Light of His Presence. There you will find rest for your soul, and there is the place that God wants to fill you.

"Lord, I confess at times, that I don't take that time to rest in You, I get comfortable or complacent and these burdens that I carry weigh me down, then I end up being drained and without joy. But Lord Jesus, I know that it's a sin when I'm not trusting You to carry these burdens of mine, so I ask You to forgive me Lord. I lay every burden right now at the foot of Your Cross, for I know, that I was bought at a price and should not take that lightly.  Lord, bring conviction, so that I may draw closer to You, in every situation. Fill me up Lord, overflow within, and let me be that light in darkness,  the lamp set on a hill, that I may draw others to You and in that, I would bring You honor and glory. I thank You Lord for inclining your ear to me, now please help me be obedient to Your Word in Jesus Name I pray, Amen"

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,"
Hebrews 12:1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home